When creating a bug it is not saving my template and removes it. Can anyone help?

Charlie Britner May 16, 2023

When I initally click create it creates the JIRA ticket where i can put in all my information (see first image). Using a custom field I have set up to have a template within it.

However when I click create in the bottom right of the first image after inputting the information. It deletes all the text that I had put into the description box (See second image)

Does anyone know what is causing this?image.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Charlie Britner ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

After analysing the screenshot it seems that both the fields are different. In first screenshot  your are trying to enter data in Custom field i.e Bug Description but in second screenshot the field is System field i.e Description. 

Regards,
Mayur

Charlie Britner May 16, 2023

Hi thanks for the quick reply Mayur. 

I finally figured it out, so will leave this here in case anyone else is relatively new to JIRA and needs to know whats what

It was only using the screen I made for the create and not for the other 2 steps (edit and view issue). Setting this up has fixed the issue. This can be found in the Project settings>Issues>screens. Expanding the options on the page gave me a better depth of the steps. 

Thanks!

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

@Charlie Britner that's correct, if the answer was helpful, please hit the accept button.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events