Under what conditions should I archive confluence spaces

Joseph June 23, 2021

We have thousands of confluence spaces under which there are many pages again. I just want to understand what policies should we set up on the basis of which we can archive certain spaces.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

This is entirely up to you.

Most people would archive spaces that are no longer of much use, but they don't want to lose completely.  This may happen when a product goes out of support, an organisation changes structure, someone notices that no-one is reading or updating the space, and so-on.

Your policies for archive really need to be decided by you.  We can't really give you any solid rules, as we're not running your organisation and we don't know what you need from your Confluence or the data within it.

Joseph June 28, 2021

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to find a way to finalise the policies. 

Is there any way in confluence where i can create a query to find the pages that  have not been updated in like a year.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events