Unable to login Confluence server 6.8.2 after migrate from cloud

rila@p33.org May 14, 2018

I installed the Сonfluence and restored him with backup created on the Сonfluence cloud. After that, I could not login with administrator account. I used the recovery_admin account to access the system and reset the administrator password. But there are still about 500 users of Confluence Cloud that can not be logged.
In the confluence database (Postgres), the table cwd_user stored logins, but credential field is empty. The credential field is filled only for administrator account, which I restored.

How to correctly export the user database from Сonfluence cloud and import it into the Сonfluence server to save all passwords?

1 answer

0 votes
kennyngkk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Unfortunately, it looks like you are hitting a bug mention in the article below. 

What happens is, Cloud stores the password in an external directory and while doing an export, the password is not retrieved as its being store externally. Causing users to not be able to log in. We apologize for that. You may use the knowledge base below to reset the password without credential

The SQL below will change all the password to admin where the credential is null value

update cwd_user set credential =
'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A=='
where id= is null;

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events