Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The element type "link" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".class java.io.IOException in the jiraissues macro

Jorge Gaston Rivainera December 13, 2011

When I use the JIRA issues Macro, in the table appears the following error:

Error on line 76: The element type "link" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</link>".<br/>class java.io.IOException

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Jorge Gaston Rivainera.

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Mason January 24, 2013

I had this issue too and was able to resolve it by replacing part of the link that I copied over from the XML link attribute.

The original link looked like this:
http://jira.companyname.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=...

And I changed it to this instead:
http://jira.companyname.com/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=...

The second method was the way that we used to insert links to jira task lists into our wiki before this macro was avaialble. Hopefully this helps others as well.

2 votes
Davor January 26, 2012

I found the solution

U have to copy the XML view of the page in macro funcion in confluence

0 votes
Roee Sa'adon December 5, 2012

I also get this. Copying the XML url didn't help.

Any solution?

0 votes
Davor January 26, 2012

I found the solution

U have to copy the XML view of the page in macro funcion in confluence

0 votes
Davor January 26, 2012

Has anyone fixed his?

I also get this message

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2011

@citnet admin - this is ondemand.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2011

So this is a bit tricky to troubleshoot without actually playing around with the macro in a guess and check troubleshooting way. Here's what I'd do:

1. Check to see if this is happening on all jiraissues macros (I'm guessing not?)
  2. Begin to hone in on what variables make it work or not by adding different columns to your issue navigator.
  3. If that's not changing whether its working or not, try accessing this as a different user.

Basically, something isn't closing your html tags correctly. I'm guessing this is a result of a custom field, but it also could be a one-off of the data that's returned.

If you need, open up a support ticket and give us the URL of your confluence page. Our support team can log in and take a look.

Hi Jeremy, I probe with your advice, but the Macro don't work, thank you for your help.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2011

Do you mean the macro never works? I think the thing to do is open a support ticket at this point and we can look at the exact page.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2011

I updated your title. It'll be more likely to be seen, plus people will find it on Google later.

0 votes

It's true, thank you...

0 votes
CITnet CITnet December 13, 2011

Which version of JIRA/Confluence ? Applinks setup ?

0 votes

Hi, I have 4.0.5 version of Confluence and 4.4.3 version of JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events