Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Size. New vs. Old Editors

Deleted user October 30, 2019

I have noticed that our text no longer matches from using the legacy editor compared to the new editor. The font size looks larger with more space between the lines.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 3.13.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-30 at 3.14.48 PM.pngWe can't have this inconsistency between different pages within the same space. How do we change the font in the new editor to look like the old or the old to look like the new?

I have check the feature comparison page and didn't see it mentioned. I also saw the Confluence Editing Improvements page and only saw that it changed... but not how to sync it with the current pages in your spaces.

New fonts have been chosen for optical precision and improved legibility at smaller sizes, with wider tracking and larger negative spaces.

The issue is how to make all pages in the space look consistent?

2 answers

1 vote
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Not an official answer, but an expectation I guess... At some point the old editor will be gone. My expectation is that there will (may?) be a process run against the spaces, or an on-demand tool, that will reformat pages and provide the uniformity you're looking for. I'm really hoping the answer is not that we'll have to do a lot of manual reformatting.

My suggestion to your current situation is to continue creating with the old editor until there is more clarity about the "what happens next" scenario of the old editor being removed. It really does not appear that you can alter the text properties right now, so if the variation is unacceptable for the short term, staying with the old editor is the only option.

Hoping you hear from others with more knowledge of the plans.

Darryl

Deleted user November 1, 2019

Thanks for the reply. A tool to create uniformity would be great as I dread having to tell managers that I will have to spend a week or two manually recreating 100s of pages because it is the only workaround for the now inconsistent UI. 

I'll keep my eye out.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2019

Also, they've just announced a webinar regarding the editor's roadmap, rollout, and their plans for content migration. It may be a limited invite, but if I can get details I'll pass them along.

Like Deleted user likes this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2019

Here's the link if you're interested and the time works. I expect they'll record it for others.

Confluence New Editor Webinar 

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user November 4, 2019

Thanks for the link. Looking forward to learning more in the Webinar.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

If you check the roadmap page, there is now a section about the conversion process and how different elements will be affected:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html#ConfluenceCloudEditorRoadmap-Elementconversion

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dara November 4, 2019

From what I gathered, Atlassian was first planning to convert all pages to the new editor. However, responding to feedback that this caused a lot of problems and frustrations, they have decided to retain the old editor for existing pages. Throughout Confluence you will therefore see pages using the old editor, and pages using the new one. 

Some options are available (or will be made available) to convert all existing pages to the new editor in order to have consistency. For information on this, see their announcement.

Also, if you are unhappy with the current lay-out, you can actually change a lot of this yourself under Space Settings > Look and Feel. This does require use of either CSS or HTML code. To find how to do this properly I suggest you Google the things you want to change, but a basis is explained here.

I hope this helps!

Deleted user November 4, 2019

Thanks for the info and the link. 

If you want to convert existing pages to the new experience on an individual basis, you can manually copy the content of that page onto a new page.

This is what I was afraid of. "Luckily", with my current position this would only be few HUNDRED pages of manually copying and pasting content into new pages. I feel bad for the person that took my last position who would have to do this for THOUSANDS of pages. Maybe a script or some sort of automation could do this?

Also, unfortunately on Confluence Cloud it doesn't look like CSS customization is available.    

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/restricted-functions-in-confluence-cloud-734070955.html

In the past we tried the workaround by adding CSS into the header/footer area which worked until it as "fixed" and no longer works. ;) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events