Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task report empty after migration

Stijn Agten March 8, 2022

We recently migrated to confluence cloud and starting using the new editor (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/convert-pages-to-the-new-editor/)

Before the migration I was using the old editor and I was creating tasks assigned to myself, spread over different pages and spaces. I was following up on my tasks via the "Tasks" page which can be accessed via the profile menu.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 13.21.26.png

Since we migrated I noticed my list of tasks is empty. When I convert a page to the new editor the task shows up again in the task report. So it looks like tasks from the old editor are no longer displayed.

This is a big problem for me because I basically lost my full task list on which I depend to have an overview of my to do's from different meetings. 

I don't know which pages have tasks and they are literally spread over 100's of pages and different spaces. I can't find them back manually.

I tried looking for a bulk convert option to convert all pages to the new editor, hoping to get my tasks back but even if that was possible, I would need to convert all spaces (also the ones I don't own) so not even sure that's a valid option.

Question: anyone who knows if it's possible to create a task report which displays tasks from the old and the new editor combined? Or any other suggestions, tips, best practices?

1 answer

0 votes
Lada Nobstová _MoroSystems_ April 5, 2022

Hello Stijn Agten,

thank you for pointing out the issue, I have had similar issue reported by users.

You can manually search for Macro usage as Admin.

image.png

There you can see exactly which pages have task macro and convert them to new editor.

image.png

Would this help you in any way?

Also unfortunately there is no way to bulk change pages to new editors as I have tried to contact support with this request.

Have a nice day,

Lada

Stijn Agten April 11, 2022

Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately I'm not an admin so I can't try it myself. Manually converting all pages will be quite time consuming but at least there would be a way forward.

But for other people reading your suggestion it might be a solution indeed. 

Lada Nobstová _MoroSystems_ April 13, 2022

It depends on how critical is absence of this macro for you.

I suppose you could communicate this problem with one of your Confluence admins.
They can give you the exact number and list of pages that needs to be converted to new editor, but I guess you won't have access to all pages and manual convertion will have to be done by admin.

Don't know how to help you in any other way, as there is no alternative because bulk convertion of editor is not possible. It can be problematic for organizations with lot of spaces/pages where manual convertion is not feasible.

Have a nice day,
Lada

Like Stijn Agten likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events