Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space will not migrate or export/import

Abby Cooke December 6, 2019

I've migrated all of our Confluence spaces from on prem to the cloud, except for one. I used the Cloud Migration Tool and every time I try to migrate just that site it fails with the same useless error: "Failed to export [spaceKey=EXD,fileid=7ea....,cloudId=4e60....]" (I used the ... instead of typing out the full ID).

The only errors I see on the server have to do with failing to find images (that don't exist) or this: "[swift.confluence.scriptutil.ScriptUtils] isReadOnly Cannot determine whether readonly mode is enabled : {}"

I've tried exporting/importing and get an error about the version of Confluence Server needing to be newer but that doesn't apply since my version of server is newer than the minimum listed in the error. 

I assume there is something wonky in this space but can't pin down what it is.

Any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
Bob Sovers December 10, 2019

Did your other spaces utilize the Swift Scripting add-on?  I know that it is not supported by Cloud, so that could be causing your issues.

0 votes
Abby Cooke December 9, 2019

The space doesn't exist already - neither the name nor the key. 

I tried the export and it keeps failing with the error about how it needs to be 6.14 or later, but I'm on 6.7.1.

The permissions are the same on both sides.

Like I said, it works for all other spaces. For this one it absolutely will not. On trying to export it does fail unless I exclude a certain page but I see nothing strange about that page. I tried removing it and the images on it, then it exported but the same error came up on import. 

Thanks for your responses. I'm baffled.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

@Abby Cooke I assume you're using either Standard or Premium, both of which entitle you to support directly from Atlassian. You may want to contact them if you have exhausted searching the Knowledgebase and Community forums.

Atlassian Support

Darryl

Abby Cooke December 9, 2019

I have a case open with them. I was hoping while I waited to find someone else who encountered this. I've tried everything I can think of. 

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Another suggestion or two if @Kiran Panduga {Appfire} 's don't work out:

Have you tried exporting the space without using the tool? Space Settings-Content Tools-Export-XML.

Also, have you verified that there are no permission restrictions on the space to not allow it to be exported?

Darryl

0 votes
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

Hi @Abby Cooke , 

Suspect the spaceName or SpaceKEY already exist in the Confluence Cloud.

Can you verify the spaceName and key in Confluence Cloud. Duplicate spaceName and key will not allow the import of the space?

Also, Could you confirm with us from what version of Confluence the space export originated?

Thanks,

Kiran.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events