Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space permissions: cannot delete or change space but am the only user (Confluence free version)

Natalie Kettelhake November 6, 2019

Hey guys,

I worked a while with confluence server and am trying out the cloud version with private stuff and the free version as well. I created my first space ("Game Guide") and there are no problems with it for now.

Game.JPG

I created another one ("Kochbuch") but when I came back a few days later to e.g. change the space logo, I do not have the edit button and cannot change any space settings. As administrators are listed a few users from plug ins and "Ehemaliger Benutzer". In my first space, this is where my user name is listed. In the second, it is not. I am in all possible groups that are standard from the beginning (site-admin, admin, confluence-user) but I cannot edit this space nor can I delete it. Is it normal because of the free version or went something wrong in the background? Kochbuch.JPG

Last thing I did before I logged out the last time was installing some plugins to try out later.

I feel kinda stupid for not being able to change anything although I am the only user in my confluence. Due to the free version's standard permissions, I am able to edit the sites and all, but still am unable to change the space. :(

Would be happy for your insights. :)

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hi @Natalie Kettelhake ,

I guess this is because of permission issue, you might have removed space admin permissions for yourself.  But as you say that you are the site admin, please try these steps to recover your space admin permissions: Navigate>confluecnce settings>space permissions and select recover permissions for space you are facing the issue. This might solve the problem. Please refer the screenshots for the same :

2019-11-07_09-20-56.png2019-11-07_09-21-09.png

2019-11-07_09-27-01.png

I hope the information helps.

--Ravya

Thank you for the guidance but even here I do not have the rights to do it for that mentioned space:

Spaces.JPG

Here are my permissions. I have not changed any permissions. They are the same as the time I registered on confluence cloud.

..groups.JPGUser groups.JPG

I did add myself to the groups that I was not in yesterday, just to be sure. Did not help though.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

@Natalie Kettelhake , if you're experiencing this with the Free version, it is currently a known issue/expected behavior. However, it generally only involves the very first space created, as the first space is created by the "system" account and is not manageable by anyone except Atlassian, and they do not provide support for the free version.

If it is the first space created, you need to accept it as-is, or upgrade it to a Standard site, at which time you'll gain control of the space.

Darryl

Natalie Kettelhake November 8, 2019

Thank you for that info.

It still annoys me though that I cannot change, delete nor archive this one space but that's it then. For testing the cloud version it will suffice and if I later upgrade my plan, I will happily change this one space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events