Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sort Page Properties Report by status

I have a Page Properties Report in my page and the pages contain a Status field. I'm trying to sort by that but it does not work

Here is my configuration

Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 15.37.51.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2020

Hello @Micha Roon !

As I understand, you need to sort the order of items within your Page Properties Report macro based on the contents of the Status column.

The problem we are facing here is that we are trying to order a macro, which is not a “raw” value for the editor or the Page Properties Report Macro.

I tried to order the values based solely on the macro but was also unable to. My workaround was to add a value right beside the Status Macros of my pages with the Page Properties macros. Like this:

value00.jpg

When I did that, all pages were ordered as expected. Here is how it looks like:

value01.jpg

I hope this helps you out, Micha! Looking forward to your reply.

I also thought of this and it works, but it's a bit ugly. I guess this feature is missing.

hi @Diego I'd like to follow on to this, if I may. My team is similarly using macros and we'd like to sort too. We have tried to put in a leading number to get the sorting to work instead of a letter. I've tried a few different forms/formats for this to no avail. 

Here's what I'm getting sorting on "Numerical" via the macro Sort settings - no idea what it's doing (sorting on the alpha num and priority fields yield similarly illogical results):
numerical sort.PNG

The more annoying part is, somewhere in there, it knows how to sort this data by the status macro label value. If I manually click on any of the column headings for Alpha Num, Numerical, or Priority, data is ordered the way that I would expect:sort by heading.PNG

How can I configure my Page Properties report Sort settings to achieve this? I've tried all manner of adding/excluding asc/desc to the Sort parameter, in conjunction (and not) with the "Reverse Sort" option - nothing works. Any ideas?

Hi @Kelly Pelkie 

If you look back at the screenshots, you'll see the difference: your numbers are included into your statuses. But for his example Diego put also plain text before the Status macro.

Not "[1-High]", but "1[1-High]"  

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ 
I see that - thanks for pointing that out. What do you make of the manual column sorting getting those labels into the order I'd expect without needing to do anything additional to the data in those fields? Any plans to expose whatever metadata option it's reading from to users so that we could set that same sort parameter by default?
The status macro is handy and useful for visually grouping items, but that depends on the ability to sort as one would expect.

I can suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence (it is a paid add-on). Maybe you've already been using it for your Confluence - it works with the Page Properties Report macro perfectly well.

You'll be able to filter your report by statuses (like in Excel) and sort them with the help of the Table Filter macro.

Here are even more dashboards based on the app and the Page Properties Report macro.

Like # people like this

Thanks for the suggestion for that add on. I'll have to see if that's something we could get. I appreciate the examples too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

354 views 13 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you