cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show links created in Jira on a Confluence page

Christian Polonio January 25, 2019

Hi, 

I am using Jira & Confluence Cloud.

If I add a Jira macro to link to a Jira issue on a confluence page, a new link is also added to the Jira issue pointing back to the Confluence page ("mentioned in"). Also in the header of the Confluence page, I can see the "Jira Links" button.

But if I add a link to a Jira issue pointing to a Confluence page, the "Jira Links" button on the Confluence page does not show up. So I do not see the relation between the page and the issue if I look on the Confluence page.

When I did some evaluation of the hosted versions of Jira and Confluence some months ago, links between Jira and Confluence were always created as "two-way" links.

Is there a setting, I am missing? I can see Confluence being linked to Jira, if I navigate to Settings -> Products -> Integration -> Application links and vice versa. Also in the Confluence space settings the Jira project is linked to the space.

Best regards

Christian

3 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Hi @Christian Polonio

I was not able to recreate this problem in my own Cloud site.  So I suspect there might be something different in your Cloud site when compared to mine.  To better investigate this, I created a support case with our Cloud support team on your behalf.  You can access this request at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/42/PSCLOUD-17100

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hello, 

Just to provide an update, we have create the below bug ticket in order to have this bug looked into:

Ruslan Tagirov July 2, 2020

Still no progress on the problem?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

Hello @Christian Polonio

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by

But if I add a link to a Jira issue pointing to a Confluence page, the "Jira Links" button on the Confluence page does not show up. So I do not see the relation between the page and the issue if I look on the Confluence page

So you are adding a Jira issue url on a confluence page?

I open an issue in Jira and click on the "..." button, select "Link". Then I choose "Confluence" and search for a confluence page.

screenshot.png

As a result, Jira lists the Confluence page under the section "Issue links / Wiki Page" - you can see a glimpse in the screenshot. But there is no sign of a link back to the Jira issue if I open the Confluence page.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

Hello @Christian Polonio

I replicated the whole flow by following these steps -

• I created a new issue in classic scrum project.
  • I created a new page in my personal space in cloud.
  • I linked the new issue with the new page in my personal space from the Jira (old issue view).
  • Now, I am on the issue I see it linked to the confluence page, but on the confluence page I don't see the "Jira link" on top of the page. Ideally the confluence page should have had the "jira link" section on top of the page containing the url to the jira issue.

I will forward this question to someone at Atlassian

Like # people like this

Thank you.

Alberto Rodriguez Barrera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2023

Any news on this?

Like Ruslan Tagirov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events