Sharing comments with some of the people some of the time

Deleted user March 4, 2019

Is there a way in Confluence Cloud to restrict a user group to only see comments created by that group? We are sharing a site with a client and would like to be able to add comments as we go along that the client group cannot see. That would be the first step. Second step, on publication allow them to see our final comments.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

Hi Julie,

A quick approach to satisfy your first requirement would be to have two separate pages.  The content would be hosted on your team's page, and the client's page could pull that in using the Include Page macro.  As for sharing comments on publication, you could just grant the client access to the team page once the working comments are cleaned up.

Good luck!

Deleted user March 6, 2019

Yes that's a good idea for those two requirements Jared, thank you, I have used that macro before and find it very useful, although it never occurred to me you could effectively hide comments with it. So thanks for that. However am sorry but I forgot to mention a third requirement :( - that we would like the client to be able add their own comments that they and we can all see, and keep those in place at publication, along with our own cleaned up final comments. A technical answer will be fine if that's the way to go.

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hmmm... I don't know of any way to pull comments.  This might be user macro territory for a more experienced user.  Unless you just want to manually archive all comments on a table somewhere, but that seems so inelegant.

Deleted user March 6, 2019

thanks, will keep hunting - manual solution as last resort!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events