Scroll PDF Export - Insert 1 line of text on frontpage - which placeholder and formatting

Ines Weißgerber May 3, 2022

I want to export 1 line of text from Confluence page at front page of PDF exporter. 

Recently I only can include the page title, current version etc. on front page. But not 1 line of text. 

I tried with Chapter Heading and Section Heading placeholder and formatting, but this only works at content pages not at front page.

Does anybody could help me? 

Thanks, Ines

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

Hi @Ines Weißgerber , one way that you can insert Confluence content on your Title page in your export is via the Page property macro-placeholder approach - you can read more about this here.

This functionality will essentially allow you to create custom placeholder content in your export template, allowing you to include 1 line of text from your Confluence page on the front page.

I hope this helps. Cheers, Thomas (K15t)

Ines Weißgerber May 4, 2022

Hi Thomas, thanks.

Now the export creates 2 front pages. One with Document title and one identical with Page property content. But in template I define  the 2 placeholders directly to each other.

Isn´t it possible to use Document Title and Page property at the same page?

Regards,Ines

Ines Weißgerber May 4, 2022

Oh wait, now it works.

I changed the style of Page-property macro-placeholder. 

Thanks for your help.

Horst Hossy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

Unfortunately, the link given by Thomas is not working anymore. Ines, how did you solve the issue? If I try to use Page Properties (with a table inside with 3 entries), non of these entries works with the Page Properties function inside of the report.

The table in the page properties of the page I want to export looks like this:

Document_Title        abc

Document_Author    def

Document_Date        ghi

It does not even show the alternative text given in the Page Properties function.

Gabriella Evans _K15t_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

Hi @Horst Hossy , thanks for your comment. Here's an updated link to the documentation page you're looking for: 'Use Page Properties as Custom Placeholders'.

Hopefully the information on the page helps – but please let us know if not.

Many thanks,
Gabriella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events