Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring a Space in Confluence Cloud

Anson Fung February 23, 2022

Hi Atlassian Community, 

I have accidentally deleted a Confluence Space. I have read many article on the internet saying that it is not possible to restore a deleted space on Confluence. 

I have raised an incident ticket to Atlassian. Does anyone know if Atlassian and retrieve the backup snapshot on cloud and get back the deleted space?

Many thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

Hi @Anson Fung ,

As per Atlassian, deleting this space immediately and permanently deletes all pages, blog posts, comments, and attachments. Unlike pages and blogs, deleted spaces don’t go to the Trash. You won’t be able to recover them later. 
Always better to archive space first and then delete after some days when no one wants to restore it again.

As per Atlassian, this is because data isn’t stored in a single central database. Instead, it is stored across many micro services, which makes rolling back changes a risky process. These details are mentioned in link provided by @Pramodh M 

Anson Fung February 23, 2022

Yes I understand rollback might have the risk of changing across the micro service. 

For Confluence Cloud, does it have the backup XML or other files which can provide the snapshot of certain days previously. 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

@Anson Fung ,

I would recommend wait for Atlassian support's response. Because restoring space/site can be another tedious task (old data, new data etc).

For your question: For Confluence Cloud, does it have the backup XML or other files which can provide the snapshot of certain days previously. 
 -- You can check if your site had an backup enabled in Admin settings --> Backup Manager. Backup file will be .zip

Zdenek.Vyhnis.ext September 29, 2023

Hello @Anson Fung

did Atlassian help you restoring the space? I am facing the same issue. By accident I deleted wrong space today. 

Please let me know 

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events