Responsive table with Legacy editor is now screen wide

Dennis Knol
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2021

Hi all,

A few days ago I noticed that my pages created with the legacy editor had changed. The table width is now the full page width. This was not the case. How can I revert the tables back to their original width, without setting the width myself?

Does anyone else have this problem? It looks horrendous. I prefer the legacy editor because of the responsive table, it does not take up the entire width of my screen.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Bisschops
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2021

I will also report it as a bug.

If you add a Macro 'Style' with the following content it will fix your tables for that particular page:

td:first-child, th:first-child {
padding-left: 10px;
}

td:last-child, th:last-child {
padding-right: 10px;
}

table {
width: auto;
}

body.page-gadget #main {
width: calc(100%);
}

body.page-gadget {
padding-top: 0px;
}
1 vote
Tom Bisschops
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 27, 2021

Same problem here. There is also no difference anymore between a 'fixed width' table and a 'responsive' table.

Lets hope it is only a bug and will be fixed soon.

Dennis Knol
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 31, 2021

Also the alignment is off. Some rows have some space between the border and the text and some are located directly against the border.

And it is in the latest version Chrome.

Like # people like this
Diane Sheffield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 2, 2021

I reported the table width bug, but you can see from my answer, they are not taking it seriously. Please report the table width bug and the alignment bug. I also see the alignment issue and will report that too.

Hopefully, we'll get some movement on these issues

0 votes
Diane Sheffield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 2, 2021

Please report this bug. We reported it and the response is that it's not important because no one else has reported it.

0 votes
Larissa Gutscher September 2, 2021

I have the same issue. And the worst part is, it looks completely fine when editing, but when I publish, the table spreads across the entire page.

Since the table is fixed width based on the font size of the old editor, I also have no desire to switch to the new one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events