Request for Access to restricted page only going to last editor

Scott Home September 29, 2019

Hi

We are using Confluence Cloud.  The Request Access Plugin is enabled and the restricted page does not have inherited restrictions.

The request for access is only being sent to the last editor of the page.  For this case I would rather it was being sent to up to 5 as described here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Any suggestion or clarification please

Thanks

Scott

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

Hi Scott, 

First of all, welcome to the Atlassian Community! :)

Are you sure the restricted page meets the following conditions, mentionned in the article you mentionned?

When a user requests access to a restricted page, Confluence will send an email to up to 5 people who are most likely to be able to grant access, in the following order:

1. people who have contributed to the page in the past, can see the page and have 'Restrict' or 'Admin' space permission (sorted by last edit date)
  2. space administrators who can see the page (sorted alphabetically).

Page restrictions

Thanks
Boris

Scott Home September 30, 2019

Hi Boris

The restrictions are as follows:

Everyone has no access.

There is 1 author with view & edit access

There are 5 users with view & edit access

There have been 2 edits by users since creation

(There are 4 space administrators)

There are no inherited restrictions

Is that all you need?

Thanks

Scott

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi Scott, 

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologize, but I just realized that the article you mentionned in your first message                                                                                                                                  was talking about Confluence Server. 
For Confluence Cloud, it is the last editor who is notified to grand access to a restricted page, or the space admin if the las editor does not have permission to change page restrictions, as mentionned below: 

Grant permission

If someone asks permission to view or edit a restricted page, we'll email the last person who edited the page, and ask them to grant that permission.

If they don't have permission to change the page restrictions in that space, we'll  email a space admin instead. 

Add or Remove Page Restrictions

So, in your case, this is normal.

I hope this will help.

Thanks!
Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events