Recently Viewed list is wrong

Paul Herzing March 3, 2020

In Confluence Cloud, my Recents list under search  is correct and current. But when I'm editing I like using the Recently Viewed list when creating links, and that list is so far from reality, I've had to rely on Search instead. Is there something I can do to get Recently Viewed working again?

I have not verified this problem with any of my coworkers, but it has been a problem for at least a few months, regardless of workstation or browser.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

Hi @Paul Herzing

I tested this on our Cloud instance - it does show the last 50 issues you viewed (aside the one you're editing if it's part of the list) - just not in the recently viewed order.

The search query it's using is: 

issuekey in issueHistory() 

Were it to put it in the right order, it'd need to use:

issuekey in issueHistory() ORDER BY lastViewed DESC

On Server it appears the latter query is what is used - see this page - but not on Cloud, where the former is used.

Ste

Paul Herzing March 9, 2020

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that the list had any logic to it, but I think you've got it right. The list makes more sense in reverse order. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be something I can change as an administrator of a cloud environment, and getting to the bottom of the list is more work than searching. Is there a correct way to submit a feature request to Atlassian?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

Hi @Paul Herzing 

Create feature suggestions via https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

It's best to search for similar ideas / bugs first - for example I found JRACLOUD-70263, JRACLOUD-33713 and JRACLOUD-18601 which might be of interest :)

Ste

Paul Herzing March 9, 2020

Wow. I'm late to this party. I should have checked open bugs first. Thanks!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2020

No problem :) - if you found the answer you were looking for here, could you press the "Accept Answer" button at the top? This lets other users know who come across this question via search!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events