Quick insert popup cut off when added on top of the page.

Wilson Lai November 11, 2019

For user with small screen size, when trying to insert item using quick insert ( / ) the popup menu is cut off from the editor. Is this a bug that can be fixed?

Note: Only happens for small screen size.

1. Create a new page.
  2. In edit mode, use quick insert ( / ) to open the popup menu.
  3. Notice the menu is cut off from the editor.

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 2.38.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-11-12 at 2.39.17 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Wilson,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I was able to replicate the issue. The Date Macro is cut off for me. The macro browser appears to be cut off for me in the same way, but I am able to scroll up and down to access the other macros.

2019-11-20 11.40.48.gif

Can you confirm the same?

As for the Date Macro, I raised a bug for it:

I'm able to view the whole Date Macro if I place it further down on the page. I'm not sure how small your user's screen resolution is, but could you give that a try?

Regards,

Shannon

Wilson Lai November 20, 2019

Hello Shannon,

Yes, I can confirm that scrolling on the macro browser works but some macros above the Emoji Macro are not accessible as well.

For the Date Macro, we figured the workaround which is the same as suggested. As for now, we will follow any updates on the bug reported.

Thanks again for confirming.

Regards,

Wilson

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Wilson,

Thank you for confirming that the workaround works for you. If you do the same for the macro browser, are you then able to access the macros above the emoji macro?

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events