Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide a direct URL to create specific page type in specific space?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

We have a group of users who has access to Confluence and to the customer portal view of our Jira Service Desk, but not to Jira itself. 

As part of the flow of submitting a specific kind of service desk request, we want to require the user to create a Confluence page and include the URL of it in a field in the request.

Is there a way to create a static URL that would, for example, open a new Reference Architecture page in the Change Request Management space? I could then include that URL in the field help on the request form so the user could just click through and be in the right place.

2020-01-30 17_08_40-Change Request Management - Confluence - Opera.png

1 answer

1 vote
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

Hi, 

I think the Create from Template macro could help you with your need, but what you will provide will be the page containing the button generated by the macro, not the direct link for the new page create. 

I hope it will help. 

Regards,
Boris

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

Thanks. Unfortunately it's a few more clicks than what I was hoping for, but it's good to know about that macro for other purposes.

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events