Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previews not working for PDFs or Office files

Pierre Croft November 14, 2019

I've recently started using Confluence Cloud, and have been uploading a bunch of documents.

I've used Confluence in the past (the server version), and whenever I uploaded a file to a page, I could choose to display a preview, or display it as a link, as described on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/display-files-and-images-724765104.html

Now I'm on Cloud, every file I upload renders as an ugly grey box. This applies to PDFs and Office files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc). When I'm editing the page, and I click the file object, I'm unable to get the popup where I can choose to display as thumbnail or link.

When viewing the page, If I click the box representing an Office file, I can't view it, only download it, which kind of defeats the purpose. Clicking a PDF will display though.

Is there something I'm missing? The problem is occurring consistently... is there a setting or something I need to change?

Heres what the files look like:

tribalsg.atlassian.net-2019.11.14-19_00_59.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Rebecca Rojas February 13, 2020

Did you ever get an answer to your problem?  I'm having the same issue.

It's incredibly frustrating especially since this used to be a feature and the grey box is not great looking.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events