Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Previews not working for PDFs or Office files

I've recently started using Confluence Cloud, and have been uploading a bunch of documents.

I've used Confluence in the past (the server version), and whenever I uploaded a file to a page, I could choose to display a preview, or display it as a link, as described on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/display-files-and-images-724765104.html

Now I'm on Cloud, every file I upload renders as an ugly grey box. This applies to PDFs and Office files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc). When I'm editing the page, and I click the file object, I'm unable to get the popup where I can choose to display as thumbnail or link.

When viewing the page, If I click the box representing an Office file, I can't view it, only download it, which kind of defeats the purpose. Clicking a PDF will display though.

Is there something I'm missing? The problem is occurring consistently... is there a setting or something I need to change?

Heres what the files look like:

tribalsg.atlassian.net-2019.11.14-19_00_59.jpg

1 answer

Did you ever get an answer to your problem?  I'm having the same issue.

It's incredibly frustrating especially since this used to be a feature and the grey box is not great looking.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

533 views 15 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you