Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use Jira Scriptrunner enhanced seach filter in Jira Issues macro?

Rich Scire August 2, 2021

grainger.atlassian.net

Migrating to Confluence cloud, we have a lot of on-prem Jira Issues macros that use Scriptrunner advanced JQL functions. For example project = OHMOD AND status != closed AND issuefunction in hasLinkType(Blocks) order by Sprint, fixVersion 

In the cloud, I created a Scriptrunner enhanced search filter with this JQL: issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = OHMOD AND status != closed", "blocks") order by Sprint, fixVersion 

When I specify the name of the filter in the Confluence Cloud Jira Issues macro, it can't be found. Putting the JQL directly in the macro doesn't work either. Is it possible to display the results of an enhanced search in Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hi Richard,

I can confirm that inside of ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud that you must write your filter on the Enhanced Search page.

However, I can confirm that you can share this filter and this will then create a standard Jira filter with the same name where the issue keys returned by this filter are synchronised to and you can specify this filter on Agile boards or in the Jira filter macro in Confluence in order to return the issues.

I can confirm we have a knowledge base article located here which explains how to use the results of enhanced search filters in places such as Agile boards which explains this in more detail.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Erdir Ungan March 20, 2023

Well, this means the filter we created on Scriptrunner is not updated dynamically right? 

For example if there is a new issue that meets the criteria... it won't show up in the standard filter until we sycn the filters again manually...

Might help with some use cases but will cripple the use of our previous JQLs... It's sad that the functionality could not be carried over to cloud as it was. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events