Please help recover lost draft in Confluence

Hannah Mintek April 15, 2022

I've had this experience happen now twice to our company on a space of our Confluence.

1. In the first instance I was in edit mode on a page that was a standups template that already had a lot of documentation filled out from previous sessions. I was adding information, and then at one instance the screen refreshed and allll the work I had been typing for the past 15 minutes was gone. I have tried looking through the document history but nothing showed up. I tried figuring out how to search for the draft saves of a page of confluence, but couldn't find the right sort of support so far.

2. Yesterday my coworker and I were co-editing a Confluence page (also one that had started as a sprint standups template) while on a meeting with our team, sharing screen of us editing the page. In the middle of the meeting my coworker paused and said "what just happened?1" Then he described to me that the whole section he had just finished filling out for the past 1/2 hour was gone. Again I tried to follow all the online troubleshooting documentation and user boards of shared knowledge, but wasn't successful. The history of the page showed no trace of what we had been editing for the past 30 minutes, and if there is a cached drafts history we don't know where to look for it.

This experience is not only frustrating, but extremely costly. We are a lean team and when errors like this occur we have wasted hours searching for ways to fix the problem and prevent it from happening in the future. Please help us to understand what is going on and what we can do to keep this from happening again.

Sincerely,

Hannah Mintek

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Oakley December 14, 2023

The same happened to me this week, not only did I Iose the work, but it was 1) time sensitive and 2) the edits were made during a meeting with a consultant.

Atlassian need to sort this out.  We've been encouraged not to use Atlassian for critical tasks as the system is not a validated one.  It's an extremely risky tool to use for critical record keeping and project management tasks.  I could not be unhappier with this software.

Alexmar Sanchez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Same here :(

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2022

Hi @Hannah Mintek , sure sorry you are having issues described. I have not experienced such issues personally. My best guess would be someone removing what another was adding. Below are the only options I am aware of to potentially  locate/recover.

1. check drafts - this only applies if you have not published a page. Click on "Recents" then "Drafts".
  2. check page history - click on ellipses when viewing the page and choose lPage history". Peruse all previous versions.

Beyond that I'm afraid any content is lost unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events