Permission in free account

SimonaS February 22, 2021

Hello, it´s not certain for me. When I have site (free plan), where i want to share internal documents (not for the whole internet), only those I invited to this page will see it, correct? 
There is written "only users who log in to you site can access it", but I don´t know how the "logging" looks like. They just can acces, when I invite them. 
I want to be sure, no other logged-in Confluence users in general or other random people cannot access.

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hello @SimonaS ,

Unfortunately, when you are using the Free Plan of Confluence you can't edit the permissions and access to your site; any user who is logged to your Confluence instance can view, create & edit pages.

As a result there is no way to create "internal" documents on the Free Plan, I'm afraid you would need to upgrade to the Standard Plan to fulfill this need.

PEDRO PABLO GUERRERO VELA April 6, 2021

I am confused about this answer.

SimonaS has a free account (no anonymous access is permitted for free accounts). Therefore, only named users that she adds can view her spaces and therefore the content of the spaces. Is that correct?

So, I think SimonaS is correct. Only people that she invites can see her confluence and the document inside her confluence, and no-one else. And I mistaken?

If SimonaS had a paid account and allowed anonymous access to a space, this only means that people with her atlassian page link, lets imagine its this one "https://SimonaSimona.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces" will be able to see the content (they won't be able to modify it though). Unless someone has SimonsS' link to her atlassian space they wont be able to find it. So either anyone with the link share it with someone else or they wont be able to find the space. Am I mistaken?

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2021

@SimonaS  I have moved this into the Confluence Cloud collection where it is more likely to be seen by people who can answer your query. It was in the Community Feedback and Announcement section which is focused on this community rather than the specific products.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events