Periodical import of WordPress articles?

Tomáš Vrabec August 4, 2021

Hello everyone,

got customer who would like to migrate to Atlassian Cloud, but, they have to stay with custom features they have in WP with FAQ base in WP.

As they would like to use Service Desk Portal with search FAQ feature, they would like to synchronize WP and Confluence - somehow.

I searched some plugins, but nothing exactly fit. 

Are you aware about some option to periodically import, (always rewrite is ok) from WP to CFL?

Cheers, Tom

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

I'm not aware of anything off the shelf that does this either or works for Cloud.

Its going to be a lot easier doing this the other way, because unless the WP content is simple HTML, you may need to do some custom work to make it usable in Confluence Cloud anyway.

Have you considered creating an addon and storing the WP content as custom content?

Otherwise, how about Wordpress -> Word -> Confluence?

Aspose.Words – Import and Export word documents – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Tomáš Vrabec August 5, 2021

There are some security customizations on the Wordpress side, so I am not aware if this would work.

Will discuss with customer, but right now, we will follow brute force solution - human will store article into both Confluence and Wordpress manually. 

Like James Dellow likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events