Note Macros don't export to PDF

Tom Seedorf December 9, 2021

As far as I can tell, note macros will not export to PDF. They just leave a white space in the PDF. When I looked at the HTML, they're using the regular panel class, not the confluence-information-macro-note class (or similar) as expected:

<div class="panel" style="background-color: #EAE6FF; border-color: #998DD9; border-width: 1px;">

<div class="panelContent" style="background-color: #EAE6FF;">

<p>content here</p>

</div>

</div>

Compare that to the HTML for the info macro:

<div class="confluence-information-macro confluence-information-macro-warning">

<span class="aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-error confluence-information-macro-icon">

</span>

<div class="confluence-information-macro-body">

<p>content here</p>

</div>

</div>

I've tried using the suggestion from this page, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Are there any workarounds for this?

1 answer

1 vote
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2021

Hello Tom,

Hope you are doing well today!

I was testing around in some test sites and on the Editor (aka new editor), when adding an info or note and warning notes, I was able to export the page as PDF and the macro would appear on the PDF, but I haven't applied the workaround either:

pdf_test.png

With that in mind, could you share with us a bit more details if there is anything specific inside the panel notes, if the macros are inside other macros, tables or if it is on the legacy editor?

We'll be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events