New vs Old Editing Experience

Phil December 18, 2019

I'm an infrequent visitor here, so excuse the general question.

Can anyone link me to an area where people are discussing the new experience, including its advantages and shortcomings. I'm sure I am not alone in missing some of the old features, but I don't want to start new threads which cover old ground.

Thanks for any input.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

There's also a discussion page here but be prepared for a fair amount of negativity. I think it's fair to say the new editor has polarised opinions - with a lot of the nay-sayers coming together in that discussion. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 18, 2019

There are occasional threads with smaller discussions. One of the biggest discussions I've seen has been on this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/What-s-New-in-Confluence-Cloud-November-2019-Edition/ba-p/1225137

0 votes
Phil December 18, 2019

These were helpful, thank you. I share the negativity to a large degree ... I'm trying not to be one of those people who cannot adapt to changes, but when those changes include removal of useful features which I previously frequently relied on, it's not so easy.

Here are two of my current (today!) frustrations:

1) Changing the font or background colour in tables – must be done one cell at a time.

2) If I create a narrow table with two columns, I often do not want it spanning the entire page width. But can I shrink it? No.

Phil

Phil December 18, 2019

Regarding point (1), I have just worked out how to change cell background colour for multiple cells in one hit, but my other comments remain.

Like jim mason likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events