New User Invitation Email Not Sent Out (Confluence OnDemand)

Deleted user May 8, 2012

I recently disabled all the users in my instance and created new users. I am using Con OD for teaching Knowledge Management, and one class ended and a second began. The very first time I created the new users, they received an email authomatically generated by Con OD. Now that I have many disabled users, I am trying to create the 2nd classes UID and PW so they can login.

When the students had not received their logins, I sent them a manual invite, where I provided them wiht the URL specified in the New User dialogue, i.e.,

A student sent the following message back to me:
"I am unable to log on to the wiki. I have not received an automated e-mail with an
invitation to login. I attempted to click the link below and put in my information, I receive
an error message stating "a user with this username already exists." They reitereated
the UID and PW that had been created for them.
I followed up with the following information:
Please try the following link for your UID & PW login:http://mba660ekmsite1.atlassian.net
let me know if it works or not.
I am awaiting feedback but am beginning to panic since i have 11 other students who may be experiencing this problem and who may decide that COnfluence is not a very reliable product.
Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

OnDemand is currently suffering from a temporary delay sending emails. If the users were created or invited in the last few hours, the emails may still be stuck in the outgoing mail queue. We're still developing a permanent fix, but have put a workaround in place for now that is helping our mail server to catch up with the queue, so your emails should be sent shortly. Thanks for your patience while we get this fixed!

There are more details at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53483/no-notification-emails-send-email-not-working-either?page=1#53509

TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

The mail queues appear to be back to normal now. If you're still missing emails, please contact our support team at support.atlassian.com. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events