New Jira Issue view shows only first line (multiline custom field)

Andreas Schwarz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Hello everyone,

We are currently using the Jira Legacy Macro in Confluence to display Jira issues in a table format. Our goal is to fully integrate a specific custom field into the view, including all line breaks, to display the text exactly as it was entered in the Jira issue. With the Jira Legacy Macro this works perfectly.

Problem: However, after transitioning to the new Jira Macro, we noticed that only the first line of the multiline Custom Field's text is displayed, even when the content spans multiple lines. Is there a way to adjust the settings to show the entire text content of the Custom Field?

Many thanks in advance for your support!

1 answer

0 votes
James Traxler April 11, 2024

I see the same.

The Jira Legacy Macro in Confluence shows the Description just like the ticket has it.

Whereas, the new Jira Issues Macro just shows a bit of the first line when showing the Description. You can click on the Description heading and select 'Wrap text' but it doesn't actually do much - well, it sort of wraps but still only shows the first line, or actually I think it is the first two lines.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events