Nest layout macro in expand macro

dbates January 12, 2021

I'm trying to embed / nest the layout macro within the expand macro to no avail - the layout macro just "jumps" outside the expand macro when I attempt to add the macro. Any ideas if this is possible, or know why this isn't supported?

As a workaround I've nested the table macro inside expand which is good enough for now.Expand  Layout 1.PNGExpand  Layout 2.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2021

Hello @dbates! As I understand, you need to nest two bodied macros and this is currently not working as expected.

Recently, with the new editor, some differences have been introduced and the nesting of bodied macros is one of them. A report has been filed about this here:

Nest Expand or other Bodied Macros in another Macro

I do encourage you to go over there and share your experience with this difference in the new editor. Even though the team is already aware of this, feedback is always good to have!

Let me know if there is anything else!

dbates January 15, 2021

Thanks @Diego - that explains the problem. I've voted on the issue you provided in the link above.

Like Diego likes this
0 votes
radostin shivachev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2023

The only workaround I've found so far is to insert a Table macro inside the Expand - Tables let you adjust column width so it gets the job done. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events