Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Users from On-Prem to Cloud without G-Suite (by Space)

harpan May 17, 2018

Our company are looking into migrating our on-prem self-run Confluence to run on Atlassian's Cloud solution instead. Following the guides I've concluded that I need to migrate the data by space because our entire xml uncompressed is 800+ MB (about 600+ MB over the limit).

This means that migrating the users has a separate solution, the page goes on about G Suite and how to use it. In our case, we'd like to not have G Suite even enter the equation. Is this even possible or is the absolutely only solution to moving the users when importing by Space to use G Suite? Bonus question, if we cave in and accept the fate of having to register with G Suite, will the cloud Confluence re-index the Space with user information or are you going to have to live with Unknown User for all the imported data?

Just to be clear, Import/Export Site is not an option due to size constraints, we can't cut our data by 75%.

Import/Export Space, will I easily be able to keep our users intact migrating to Atlassian Confluence Cloud solution with/without G Suite? If you can do it without G Suite, how?

Thanks for your attention!

Hampus Berggren

1 answer

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

Hi, Hampus,

As it may be necessary sharing some further information regarding the issues addressed on your post, we opened a support ticket that will be reaching you soon.

Best regards,
Thais

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events