Migrating Confluence (5.6.3) Server data to Confluence Cloud.

Jack Zhou February 19, 2020

Hi,

I need to migrate most of the current data from company's on-premise confluence (version 5.6.3 unable to upgrade) to the Confluence Cloud.

It seems I'm not able to use the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence.

Except for copy and paste, page by page is there any other easy option?

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

@Jack Zhou  Welcome to the community!

Cloud Migration Assistant is best bet when it comes to migrating data from on-premise Confluence Server instance to Confluence Cloud instance.

Space import functionality which is available on Confluence cloud will also not work in your case as it require Confluence Server version above 6.1

Now looking at all possibilities, I can only suggest two work around (if you can't upgrade your existing Confluence Server instance)

1. Go page by page (it is surely time consuming and not the best way but you are stuck)
  2. Ask for help from Atlassian Solutions Partners, or Atlassian itself (they have special category in support service desk for migration)
    • I attended a session by Atlassian on migration and this was one of the take away.
    • As per Atlassian, as migration is the process that you only need to execute once in a lifetime, you should not be shy in taking external help.
Jack Zhou February 23, 2020

Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events