Livesearch macro to search just within a page and their children

efg December 20, 2019

Hi all,

I would like to ask a question about the settings of the Livesearch macro in Confluence.

I know that is possible to restrict the search to one specific space but in my case I need to go further. Would it be possible to restrict the search to just one page and its children pages?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Eva

3 answers

0 votes
rolland_vandersluis March 14, 2022

Can we get Atlassian to allow users to restrict the context to the current page and it's children? Having to use labels is time-consuming, especially when there is a wide range of authors who don't necessary understand that pages created or moved to the targeted section of the space need to have the specific label. Sadly, Atlassian closed the related enhancement story due to "lack of interest" (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-41237).  :-( 

0 votes
Dara January 14, 2020

So far I haven't been able to restrict the Livesearch-macro to a specific page and subpages. You can limit per labels indeed, but then you need to make sure that labels are consequently given to the correct subsections of your page, and that they are added when someone adds a new page.

The functionality to search only in a page and subpages is given by the Pagetree Search-macro, however. It's not as nice as the Livesearch-macro, but it works just fine.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2019

Hi @efg ,

First you need to restrict the Live serach macro with space key parameter for to specific space and then you can use label parameter to point out specific page of space.

Thanks,

Avinash

efg December 22, 2019

Thank you for your answer @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ 

Please could you show me an example about how to use the space key and the label parameter for this purpose?

Best Regards,

Eva

Like Gene likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events