Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Livesearch macro to search just within a page and their children

Hi all,

I would like to ask a question about the settings of the Livesearch macro in Confluence.

I know that is possible to restrict the search to one specific space but in my case I need to go further. Would it be possible to restrict the search to just one page and its children pages?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Eva

2 answers

So far I haven't been able to restrict the Livesearch-macro to a specific page and subpages. You can limit per labels indeed, but then you need to make sure that labels are consequently given to the correct subsections of your page, and that they are added when someone adds a new page.

The functionality to search only in a page and subpages is given by the Pagetree Search-macro, however. It's not as nice as the Livesearch-macro, but it works just fine.

Hope this helps!

Hi @efg ,

First you need to restrict the Live serach macro with space key parameter for to specific space and then you can use label parameter to point out specific page of space.

Thanks,

Avinash

Thank you for your answer @Avinash Bhagawati (Appfire) 

Please could you show me an example about how to use the space key and the label parameter for this purpose?

Best Regards,

Eva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

349 views 13 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you