Kaban in Confluence

Maria Martinho January 21, 2019

Hi!

How can I create a Kaban Board in Confluence?

Thank you.

Maria

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

You would need to write a not-insignificant add-on to add boards to Confluence, as it is not designed to do anything like that.  You would probably be better off getting Jira instead.

Hi Nic!

Thank you for your suggestion, but I'm not using Jira, only Confluence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

If you want to do boards, you probably want to use Jira, not write it yourself in Confluence. 

As I said, Confluence is not written to support boards, there's nothing in it that will do it, so you would need to write a lot of code to do it.  It is likely to be a lot easier to use a tool that is built for it, such as Jira.

Like Maria Martinho likes this

Maybe that would be easier, yes, but at this moment I'm only working with the Confluence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2019

Ok, so you'll need to write an entire issue tracking system for Confluence.

I don't know how to do that :-(

I found this information but I think I don't have the options Strategy Canvas and Task Canvas

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/archives/add-boards-to-confluence-with-canvas-blueprints

I also found this, but I don't find the  Board Settings

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2019

Yeah, the Canvas App can do some board-like stuff, and would save you having to write the App yourself.

The second link you've found is for configuring boards in Jira.

Do you know if the options Strategy Canvas and Task Canvas are paid features?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2019

Probably.  See their entries in https://marketplace.atlassian.com (make sure you choose Cloud versions)

Ok, thank you :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events