Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some way to exclude some content from export or print?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2022

We want to put some links in some of our confluence pages, but we don't want these to show up when exported to PDF or printed. Is this possible?

2 answers

2 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2022

Hey @Scott Beeson

My team's app Scroll PDF Exporter has two macros you can use to designate content that shouldn't be included in the PDF export. The content displays in Confluence, but it's completely absent in the PDF. Might be just what you need.

https://help.k15t.com/scroll-pdf-exporter/latest/cloud/ignore-content-in-exports-188547601.html

The app enables a lot more document customization using a template builder for complete visual control.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

This looks amazing. Sadly I only need this for my department, which is 3 people. But with Atlassian's plugin licensing I'd have to pay for 40+ licenses.

I also want to say that twice in one day a k15t product has been the solution for issues with Jira and Confluence.  I will be buying one of your plugins, but I can't justify this one.

Like # people like this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2022

Well, when problems arise, we like to be there to help. :)

But yes, I get it with the licensing costs. When we pick out apps, we find it best to check with the other people using Confluence to see who else might benefit.

Sometimes an app works well for a lot of us and then sometimes, a few people have to come up with a creative solution instead of using an app.

0 votes
Lucy Minato March 16, 2022

@Scott Beeson There is a way to exclude pages (and comments) from an export but it sounds like you need something more than that. But just in case, the exclude pages from export is done using the "Custom Export" option. See this page:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events