Is there a way to synchronized (manually, in a controlled way) pages between two different Spaces?

Geert Willems December 17, 2019

Context:

2 spaces

- one space contains draft procedures, hyperlinked pages, also including clickable Gliffy diagrams in a Space where a people collaborate on.
E.g. a procedures versions 1 to 20

- another space contains copies of certain versions of these procedures: from time to time we need to able to officialize a page by making it visible in this space: at a certain time, e.g. version 10 of the procedure must be official by having it available in this space, and later on we must make version 20 available (without having synced versions 11 to 20 - is that possible?)

We do not have an own hosted or data center solution (in this case I understood a macro as from Comalatech cannot be used), and I presume in the Cloud version we can also not use scripts?

Looking forward to a solution for these questions....!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Geert Willems December 17, 2019

Hi thank you for the reply Samie- I was aware of this functionality. Goal is to link from Glify to certain pages in a space or pages in the same page as the gliffy figure, and synchronise (manually) with another space (pages content inclusive gliffy figures). But indeed thank you for confirming some limitations I found.

John Almeida December 17, 2019

Hi Geert,

Apologies if I am misinterpreting your question, but you can link to pages within current and other spaces within your Gliffy diagram. You can also, link to specific page content within your Confluence page (i.e. a header or attachment).

To do so, simply select the shape in your diagram that you would like to link and select the link button on the top toolbar. From there, you can search your confluence content via "Search" and filter based on a Confluence Space or your whole instance. If you would like to link to a specific part of a Confluence page, you can select page content to choose an anchor (i.e. header or attachment on the page) that you would like to link to.

See a quick example here.

Apologies if I am off-base on my interpretation of your question.

Best,

John

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi Geert!

This isn't a complete solution for you — hopefully someone else can chime in with an idea for your whole space — but you are able to embed Gliffy diagrams on multiple spaces throughout your instance. Those diagrams will automatically update when you make publish changes to the original, but you can work on drafts as you normally would.

So working with my team, I have my personal space where I build and have editable diagrams, then I embed them in our Marketing space and know that they'll always reflect the most recent published version from my space. 

To do this, hover over the diagram on your page and click the embed button " </> " in the upper left. Select where you'd like to share your diagram (in this case, Confluence) and just copy that link into your page.

Let me know if that's not clear! Hopefully it's at least a little helpful. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events