Is there a way to disable the "Publish without notifying watchers" button?

Deleted user February 7, 2020

We use Confluence as a knowledge base that all our users are allowed to edit. However, as the technical writer, I need to be aware when people make changes to a page so I can edit for clarity as needed. 

Is there a way to disable the "publish without notifying watchers" button? I don't want everyone making "minor changes" or "quick changes" to our pages without me knowing about it. We have a lot of information in all our spaces, which would make it hard for me to simply look through for recent edits. 

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

I know the feeling... 

And I have a solution. You could create a page (private page) or like I have done (stick in on the home page for all to see) a Recently Updated Macro. For visibility it is great, everyone gets to see what pages have been updated and for me as head of documentation I can quickly click into a doc to review, comment, update or disable (if the creator forgot to publish without watchers)

Recently Updated.png

-Mike

Mike, 

Glad to know someone out there understands! 

I love your solution and am definitely going to implement it. Just to confirm, the macro will work even if someone publishes without notifying watchers?

Thanks for your help! 

Cheers, 

Kat Rule

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

The macro works regardless of the page being watched or not. Take a new page, which wouldn't be watched it will still appear on that list. 

I was going to say, because I stuck it on my front page (left side of the page, middle I have our company blog and right side of the page is a page tree), I set the macro to show 150 results, that way I can always go back a few weeks to see pages I may have worked on. The macro also allows User Profile pictures to be shown, but the setting I had doesn't use up a lot of space. 

Cheers,

Mike

Hello @Mike Bowen

That's great to hear! I'm looking forward to implementing your solution. 

Thanks for your time. 

Cheers, 

Kat Rule

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events