Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Confluence Cloud Rest API to get list of all users?

Doc Gen February 14, 2019

Hello,

I need to show list of Confluence users in a picker. Is there a way to retrieve list of Confluence Users via Cloud Rest API?

Thanks,

Sheff

1 answer

2 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Hi @Doc Gen

This is the documentation for the API. 

For getting all Jira users, I pass in 

?startAt=0&maxResults=1000&username=%

but be aware that username is about to be deprecated

Doc Gen February 15, 2019

Thanks @Warren 

the issue is the api you mentioned is for Jira.  I am looking for same / similar api in confluence.  

Like Marty likes this
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Hi @Doc Gen 

Sorry, I didn't actually try this, I just assumed that the Confluence API call would behave the same way as the Jira one, which it doesn't   :-(

According to this, what you need to do is run a group query

GET /wiki/rest/api/group

then for each group, get it's members with

GET /wiki/rest/api/group/{groupName}/member

I've tried this and it works, it just seems crazy having to do it this way

Like Marty likes this
Doc Gen February 15, 2019

Hello @Warren

Thanks for the quick reply!! I have tried this API in the past. As you mentioned, it gets crazy if the number of groups are too many . I wish they can expose the User Search Rest API in Confluence Cloud as well, similar to what is available in the JIRA Cloud. 

It is really annoying to look up users via groups specially when you have to keep refreshing your pool to make sure you have the updated list.

Thanks!!

Like Marty likes this
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events