Is it possible to create one guest user account to be used by several employees

Thomas Wieter November 7, 2019

Dear All,

I already reviewed the other posts in this community about guest users but feel that they don't quite answer my questions, so I would appreciate very much your feedback some questions.

Our future set-up will be that we have one organization with a core project team of 20 employees who will be able to create and manage pages in Confluence Cloud and all have a named license and for whom we pay license fees.

Then we will have an extended project team of 80 employees who shall have only viewing rights (no editing, no commenting etc.) for these pages and for which we do not require named licences and for who we do not want to pay license fees.

Is it possible to create one guest user account which can be used by all of those 80 employees together?

How do I create this one guest user account officially in confluence?

Note: I do not want to publish my confluence sites to the whole world via anonymous access

Thank you for your help,

Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019

From a technical perspective you probably could indeed make one account and share the credentials with 80 people. However I would expect this to not be compliant with Atlassian terms of usage.

If you don't want to create accounts for those 80 users you could create a script/app that copies the desired pages into a location outside of your instance where they can access them. You could even go as far as writing an app that allows to access these pages via an own view inside Confluence. You'd just need to find a user friendly way to protect them with a password or similar. Maybe there's even something like that on the marketplace already.

However if there's no app and you don't want to build something yourself you won't really have a choice other than creating these accounts I think.

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019

After a quick look on the marketplace I suggest checking out this app by Old Street Solutions. Sounds exactly like what you need.

Like JAVA likes this
Thomas Wieter November 8, 2019

Super, that's exactly what I need and it eliminates the compliance issue.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events