Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for admin to access personal space when owner of the space revoke all access?

David D August 5, 2021

Hello, I am currently using Confluence Cloud in the premium version and I'm the site admin.

If a user has set up a personal space and denies access to all groups including all admins, is it still possible as an admin to see the space and edit the rights?

Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

I don't know if you can directly, I haven't tried that out but will.

Another option is as an admin, you can go into Site Administration -> User Management, look up the user account and then select the "Log in as user" option.  The user will receive a notification that you did this. 

Screenshot 2021-08-05 074913.jpg

David D August 5, 2021

Thank you very much! Good to know :)

Like delmario likes this
0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Hi @David D welcome to the Atlassian community.

May I request you to look at this Document and it's sections for steps and details.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

David D August 5, 2021

This is usefull, but unfortunately not for confluence cloud applicable.

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Thank you for checking that document. Their are 2 sections in that link. One for Cloud which I posted and another for Server, just in case you would like to skim.

David D August 5, 2021

Dear G,

thanks again!

Yes, I really didn't check that correctly. (Sorry! The document is also for the cloud version.) The thing is, I already knew the space permissions recovery option. However, this option only applies to "normal" spaces, not to personal spaces.

Kind regards,

D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events