Is is possible to leave comments on the home page for a space?

Devin Parker January 22, 2020

It seems that the designated home pages in Confluence spaces cannot have comments added to them.

Is this true? 

Are there any creative solutions for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Devin Parker ,

I had asked a similar question not long ago. The answer is that space Home pages cannot have a comments section. Not sure about the reasoning behind it. I haven't run across any workarounds for this behavior.

I'm curious, what is your use case?

Darryl

Devin Parker January 24, 2020

@Darryl St_ Pierre 

We have teams that do not have a lot of content and it all fits nicely on a single page. 

They want to be able to interact with end-users via comments (getting feedback or fielding questions in public).

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

In my case, I was looking for comments/ideas on the design of a particular Home page. I settled for placing an email link instead.

Thinking about it now, I could have placed a page link to redirect them to a page that accepts comments in lieu of creating email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events