Ip whitelisting

michael_flores September 3, 2021

We currently have Jira Standard in the cloud and run on prem Confluence. 

I'm looking to migrate confluence to the cloud and have a question about IP whitelisting. 

Is the whitelisting per core app or per org. 

My desire would be to get confluence premium licenses and leave Jira as standard and only IP restrict Confluence. I do not want to restrict Jira. Is that possible? I can't confirm the settings without already having the licenses. 

Thanks,
Michael

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021

Hi @michael_flores

yes, that is correct, although not specifically mentioned in the docs.

Is Org admin access required to set these options?

Yes, you would need to be Organization Admin to do those settings (IP Allowlisting).

Regards,
Daniel

michael_flores September 8, 2021

Thanks Daniel.

One more question. Is it possible to manage this whitelist via api?

michael_flores September 15, 2021

Just to update, I talked to support and IP allowlisting isn't currently supported by API. A request has been setup to add that functionality.

[CONFCLOUD-72785] Provide the ability to, pragmatically or via API, set IP ranges with IP Allowlist feature - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Thanks again everyone

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2021

Hi @michael_flores , 

IP whitelisting is available by product : this means that if you buy Confluence Premium, then you will be able to whitelist IP addresses for this product. It will not be available for Jira however.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

michael_flores September 7, 2021

Thanks for the quick response. 

We've added a trial subscription for confluence and I upgraded the plan to the premimum plan. But at this point I'm still not seeing the Security > IP allowlisting as described in the KB document. Specify IP addresses for product access | Atlassian Support. I've looked in both admin.atlassian.com and in the admin settings for confluence.

I'm noticing I only have site admin access. Is Org admin access required to set these options?

michael_flores September 15, 2021

duplicate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events