Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insert Macro into an existing Confluence Page without knowing the new macro id Edited

Hi atlassian connect play java developers, i would to update a page body with a new macro without knowing the new macro id !! any help plz and thnx. 

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Aug 14, 2018

Hi Samer,

If you can find a page where the macro is already present, you may view the macro ID via the View Storage Format menu:

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 12.33.36 PM.png

For more, better tips on Atlassian Connect, please try our Developer Community as well.

Thanks,

Ann

thnx Ann, i have another problem in my addon !

When i tried to create a new blueprint in my space i got an error "we can't create content with this type of page" any help plz.

AnnWorley Atlassian Team Aug 14, 2018

There are some developers on this forum but the Developer forum is a better bet.

ok thnx Ann 

Hi,

You do not need to provide a ac:macro-id when inserting a new macro. Confluence will take care of it anyway.

If you still want to provide a macro-id you just have to make sure that it is unique for the page (not for the system). Thus you could generate whatever id using the same pattern as in your Atlassian example.

Best,
Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

What's New in Confluence Cloud – July 2020 Edition

Here’s another edition of “What’s New” this month in Confluence Cloud. Quickly (and more easily) adjust permission settings We know that sometimes the layers of space permissions and page restric...

18,638 views 22 80
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you