Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Macro into an existing Confluence Page without knowing the new macro id

Samer Sboui August 5, 2018

Hi atlassian connect play java developers, i would to update a page body with a new macro without knowing the new macro id !! any help plz and thnx. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

Hi Samer,

If you can find a page where the macro is already present, you may view the macro ID via the View Storage Format menu:

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 12.33.36 PM.png

For more, better tips on Atlassian Connect, please try our Developer Community as well.

Thanks,

Ann

Samer Sboui August 14, 2018

thnx Ann, i have another problem in my addon !

When i tried to create a new blueprint in my space i got an error "we can't create content with this type of page" any help plz.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

There are some developers on this forum but the Developer forum is a better bet.

Samer Sboui August 14, 2018

ok thnx Ann 

0 votes
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2018

Hi,

You do not need to provide a ac:macro-id when inserting a new macro. Confluence will take care of it anyway.

If you still want to provide a macro-id you just have to make sure that it is unique for the page (not for the system). Thus you could generate whatever id using the same pattern as in your Atlassian example.

Best,
Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events