Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence Cloud is there a way to set a fixed width for a table?

Dan Ireland January 24, 2020

I'm trying to set a fixed width table in Confluence Cloud, but don't see the ability to do so.  It looks like you may be able to do it in the Server version but not the Cloud?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Dan Ireland

It's not available in the new editing experience recently introduced to Confluence Cloud - to see a feature comparison for the old vs new editors, click here. It does mention "fixed width" here but it's more "centred".

There are a few options available now though:

1. You can choose for a table to be Centred, Wide or Full Width. This gives you options for base table size at creation. Click the button with two arrows in it to the far-right of your table to activate.
  2. You can still have different column widths - hover over a line between two columns until it turns blue then drag to resize.
  3. There is now a scroll-bar for tables which are longer than the page. This means if you have wider columns you don't have to scroll the whole page backwards and forwards - just the table itself.

^ You can also follow another option for column customisation here - CONFCLOUD-67748.

Ste

Perry Tancredi March 23, 2022

I'm not seeing a button with two arrows to the far right of my table, was that button removed?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Hi @Perry Tancredi 

It's still there - it is only there in edit mode, and should be just below the Publish/Close buttons.

If you're still not sure, send us a screenshot of what you see in edit mode so we can help look with you :)

Ste

Like Maggie Witt likes this
Perry Tancredi March 23, 2022

Thanks, scrolling up to the top I do see the button now - though it's for the whole page and not just the table.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

@Dan Ireland 

You are right, it's not available in Confluence Cloud at the moment.

There are few feature requests to provide this.;

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events