Importing of space does not adapt user rights in free account

Roger Briggen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2020

I am on the free plan. 

I imported a space from another confluence instance with different user names.

I cannot change the user rights of an imported space. With my user I am admin of the space, but all other rights are disabled (edit, delete, ...).

And since there is an error message on all spaces (even those which were created with my free plan), I cannot edit or delete an of the imported pages.

I get the following error message on the permission page:

Etwas ist schiefgelaufen

Unser Team wurde bereits benachrichtigt. Sollte das Problem weiter bestehen, kontaktieren Sie bitte den Atlassian-Support und geben Sie dabei den folgenden Code an: 

Which means: something went wrong. Our team was already paged. Should the problem still exist, contact the atlassian support.

And that is what I did, but they say, because I am on the free plan, there is no support and I should ask here...

So, anybody has a clue how I can fix it?

Confluence_Error2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hello Roger,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

Our Confluence Cloud Free plan has a restriction against custom permissions:

Permissions aren't customizable and anonymous access isn't available on the Free plan. 

For further details, check our page on Permissions and restrictions in the Free plan.

For this reason, you won't be able to modify permissions on the space. If you need to be able to modify the permissions, you'll need to upgrade to either the Standard or Premium plans.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events