Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to import a 'space' exported from a different site.

Gary Pick January 20, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Spaces

When importing in 'General Configuration' I receive the error "A space with key NEW already exists."  Not sure what to do.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

Basically, there is already a space with the key "NEW" that exists. Either you've already imported the space, or it was already there. 

If you've already imported it, it should be good. If you haven't, you'll need to change the space key either by moving the existing space to a new one and deleting the one key'ed NEW (potentially messy), or you'll need to rename the space key by editing the export you have. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+copy+or+rename+a+space+in+Confluence

0 votes
Gary Pick January 21, 2016

Thanks.  I just deleted the existing 'space' with the NEW key.  I just put it there as a placeholder with no data.

I want to keep the other Confluence instance with the current development company but just want to back up the instance to my local computer regularly to ensure that, in case the development company goes away, I have a current and up-to-date instance.  Is there a way to update an SPACE or, with the existing space KEY issue, is there a conflict so it is basically a one-time import but no updating?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events