Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a QR code to open a Confluence page. I broke it. Can I force a page to have that URL?

Steve Dowey October 22, 2019

Hi All,

I used a QR code generator to link to a particular confluence page in my space, I  thought I was being smart when I edited this page to use the new look and created a new one. 

This broke the link at the URL some_number level:

<site>/<space_key>/<some_number>/<page+name+bit>

How could I get that link back?  Okay, if I was smart(er) I should have created a code to somewhere else unchanging and redirected from there, but I didn't. 

So, can I force a page to have the URL I require? (I'm thinking no).  Any suggestions as I've printed this QR URL on some documentation already,

Thanks,

Steve

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

I suspect you changed the name of the page, so your page+name+bit changed.

You should be able to change that back and restore the link.  The some-number in the url should not have changed, because it's a unique page id.

In future, there's a couple of workarounds

• Pages can always be accessed view a "view" url that ends with their ID, but Atlassian are gradually extending the "pretty" urls so that you don't land on them on Cloud so often.
  • So the better option is to generate your QR code from the "tiny url" you can find in the page information - that doesn't change, even if you rename the page.
Steve Dowey October 23, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply, however, I wanted the new  page look, so even with the same page name I lost the page id.  That caught me out .

Thanks for your suggestions,

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events