I am facing an issue with the "current" version in page history. Any idea about what's happening?

Sofia Kargioti _QC Analytics_ March 1, 2022

So, I just encountered an issue with the Confluence Cloud page history.

I have a page with 3 versions (version1, version2, version3) with the current one being the "version3". When I go to the "Page History" it says that the current version is version1 when it should be version3. However, when I click on the "CURRENT" it shows the content of the version3. As a result of this, I can not delete the third version since it is actually the current one, and I also can't seem to find the content of the version1.

page history.png

The Confluence Cloud version that I have is: Confluence 1000.0.0-f29eef8faa45

confluence cloud version.png

Does anyone else have the same problem as me? Is there any announcement from Atlassian that I miss?

3 answers

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022
1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

FYI @Sofia Kargioti _QC Analytics_ and co.

Feedback from Atlassian is:.

Thanks for flagging this one and yes we are aware of this issue.

I have just checked again the status of this issue and our development team is currently working on rolling this fix out to the Production environment.

As soon as I have an ETA from our Dev, I will update you in here. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2022

Hi @Sofia Kargioti _QC Analytics_ 

The pages are versioned in descending order

So if the page is updated, the previous page version will be increased by one and the recent version will become v1

Here's more detail on the same

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-edit-and-publish-a-page/#Create-edit-andpublish-Pageversionsandhistorypage

Thanks

Sofia Kargioti _QC Analytics_ March 1, 2022

Thanks for your answer @Pramodh M !

However, that's not what I was asking. Since I don't think I made myself quite clear let me rephrase my issue. 

I created a page and added some content to it (version1), and then I edited the page two times (version2 & version3 were created).

Expected outcome when visiting the Page History

When I visit the "Page History" I expect to see the versions displayed in a descending order and expect the CURRENT version to be v.3 (screenshot below)

page history2.png

Actual outcome whin visiting the Page History

When I visit the page history I see the versions displayed in an ascending order and the CURRENT version is v.1 (screenshot below)

page history.png

Not to be misunderstood, the order that the pages are displayed is not a problem.

The problems are:

1. The CURRENT version should be v.3 (as in the first screenshot) and not v.1 (as in the second screenshot).
  2. Even though there is a "Delete" button next to v.3, I can't delete the version

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Dave Garrett March 1, 2022

@Pramodh M I'm experiencing the same issue. I posted in the Write the Docs Slack and they're all seeing it too. It was working correctly yesterday. This feels like a bug.

Like # people like this
Christie Gera _Appfire_ March 1, 2022

Same issue for me. The v.1 of a page is being labeled CURRENT.

2022-03-01_12-23-48.png

Like # people like this
Travis Hughes {Appfire} March 1, 2022

Same issue for me as well.

Like # people like this
John Choe March 1, 2022

We're also experiencing this issue. 

Like # people like this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2022

Yes, looks like a bug for sure. I am experiencing it as well. I will raise it with Atlassian (if it isn't raised already)

Christie Gera _Appfire_ March 1, 2022

@Curt Holley 

I opened a ticket and received a reply that they're working this as a highest priority ticket. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events