How to track bugs in Confluence knowledge base for our support team

Capps November 13, 2019

We are using Confluence Cloud as our internal wiki for our support team.

Whats the best way to record known bugs from our developers so that they can easily be seen in a "page" (maybe) for our support desk team.

What I want to achieve is a single source of truth in our Wiki for the support team.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

@Capps , I would keep the bugs in Jira and then use the Jira Issue Macro in Confluence to display each item. You can structure the JQL so that only open bugs are displayed.

-pjd

Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

I echo @Peter DeWitt's answer, and we use the macro to track our release notes in Confluence.

A Jira admin creates a filter to track fixed issues, known issues, etc, then sends me the filter number, which I plug into the macro on our Confluence Release Notes page. The issues in Confluence automatically update whenever they're changed in Jira, so they're always current. It's the source of truth for our releases, and it's one of our most popular pages.

Capps November 13, 2019

Thanks very much 👍🏻

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events