Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find all pages which have not been converted to the new format?

Joseph Ishak July 27, 2021

I have been creating Confluence pages since 2018.  I have some pages in the old format and some in the new format.  Currently when I come across a page in the old format, I scroll down to the bottom of the page, Click Preview Page, Convert the Page and then Publish it on the new format.  The problem is that I am a user (not a Confluence admin) and with hundreds of pages, I don't have an easy way to figure out which ones need to be converted.  I am not looking to convert all of them in bulk but I would like to find a way to get a listing of all the pages in my space that are non-converted so I can convert them over as I have bandwidth.  I would be open to pulling this data from the REST API if there isn't a way to find them via the UI.

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

Use Get content properties in the API:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content-properties/#api-wiki-rest-api-content-id-property-get

You'll see something like this returned if the page has been edited/migrated to the new editor:

{
"id": "1234567890",
"key": "editor",
"value": "v2",
"version": {
"when": "2021-07-28T01:34:13.798Z",
"message": "",
"number": 1,
"minorEdit": false,
"contentTypeModified": false
},
"_expandable": {
"content": "/rest/api/content/1234567890"
},
"_links": {
"self": "https://yoursubdomain.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/content/1234567890/property/editor"
}
}
Joseph Ishak July 29, 2021

Is there a way to pull all pages in a space or do I literally have to go to each page in the space and check for that value?

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Yes - use the search API and ask it to return the editor metadata in the results. As a starting point:

wiki/rest/api/content/search?cql=type=page&expand=metadata.properties.editor

You will need to page through the results if you have lots of content or add additional CQL filters to narrow the results, e.g pages for a particular space or date range.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't just ask for pages where editor.value = v2 as the property would need to be indexed by search.

One other suggestion - ask Atlassian support to run a backend query for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events