Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable the 'Watch for new blog posts in this space' function for others Edited

Hi there, 

I am looking into using Confluence blogs for internal communication. My idea is to create multiple 'announcements' spaces split by topic, and for people to watch (subscribe to) the topic they want to receive news about.

Nobody likes too many email notifications, so the 'watch for new blog posts in this space' option looks ideal (only getting notified about new announcements):

test test blog p.png

I'd want to make a few spaces mandatory to watch, like HR updates and IT & Security. However, I can't seem to be able to check this option for others. When I click 'manage watchers' I can only choose for others to watch a space (they're notified when any content in the space is changed) or a page (only a specific blog post). 

I want to enable the 'watch for new blog posts in this space' function for all teams in specific spaces. Does anyone know how to do this, or have a workaround for this? 

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader May 19, 2021

@Nathalie van der Linden At this time they will have to subscribe to it on their own.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/watch-pages-spaces-and-blogs/

There is a feature request that you can vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-36876

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Confluence Bingo Round 3!

That’s right! Grandma’s back at it again, and this time she’s brought all her friends. In honor of Team '21, this Bingo round is dedicated to all things team-related, and the prizes are no exception....

2,941 views 31 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you