How to enable HTML macro?

Felix February 13, 2020

I have looked at the documentation on your site. But its from 2018 and it seems to have been updated since then. 

So how do I do to add html Macro?

My objective is to embed a google chart.

One way would be to insert Iframe though the iframe macro.

But I wanted to try this code:

function drawChart() {
var queryString = encodeURIComponent('SELECT A, B LIMIT 3 OFFSET 0');

var query = new google.visualization.Query('https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxedit?gid=0&headers=1&tq=' + queryString);
query.send(handleQueryResponse);
}

function handleQueryResponse(response) {
if (response.isError()) {
alert('Error in query: ' + response.getMessage() + ' ' + response.getDetailedMessage());
return;
}

var data = response.getDataTable();
var chart = new google.visualization.ColumnChart(document.getElementById('columnchart'));
chart.draw(data, { height: 400});
}

How can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi @Felix 

In the new editor type /iframe and then click to edit the macro. A form appears and you have various options.

Whether your functions works is another story. 

In the old editor, type {iframe  - and choose between HTML/Iframe Macro or Iframe. Again you will need to play around with the form fields. 

-Mike

Felix February 17, 2020

@Mike Bowen Thanks for looking into it. I don't see how I can add my code to test it though.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Felix 

No, I didn't think you could, as it is a very basic iFrame, I am guessing Atlassian don't want their website / cloud to broken by a rouge script. 

-Mike

Felix February 17, 2020

Hi @Mike Bowen

That makes totally sense :) Thanks again. There was a much easier way to do what I wanted from /iframe macro. It was possible to "publish" the google sheets graf itself and add that URL in the macro. Simple as that :D

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2020

Hi @Felix 

Well good for finding a solution.

There are some clever plugins that allows Google Drive files or folders to be inserted within the page. It is called Google Drive and Docs for Confluence 

Google Drive.jpg

-Mike

Felix February 17, 2020

@Mike Bowen  Ahh, really nice! Thanks for the tip!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events