It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable HTML macro?

I have looked at the documentation on your site. But its from 2018 and it seems to have been updated since then. 

So how do I do to add html Macro?

My objective is to embed a google chart.

One way would be to insert Iframe though the iframe macro.

But I wanted to try this code:

function drawChart() {
var queryString = encodeURIComponent('SELECT A, B LIMIT 3 OFFSET 0');

var query = new google.visualization.Query('https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxedit?gid=0&headers=1&tq=' + queryString);
query.send(handleQueryResponse);
}

function handleQueryResponse(response) {
if (response.isError()) {
alert('Error in query: ' + response.getMessage() + ' ' + response.getDetailedMessage());
return;
}

var data = response.getDataTable();
var chart = new google.visualization.ColumnChart(document.getElementById('columnchart'));
chart.draw(data, { height: 400});
}

How can I do that?

1 answer

Hi @Felix 

In the new editor type /iframe and then click to edit the macro. A form appears and you have various options.

Whether your functions works is another story. 

In the old editor, type {iframe  - and choose between HTML/Iframe Macro or Iframe. Again you will need to play around with the form fields. 

-Mike

@Mike_Bowen Thanks for looking into it. I don't see how I can add my code to test it though.

Hi @Felix 

No, I didn't think you could, as it is a very basic iFrame, I am guessing Atlassian don't want their website / cloud to broken by a rouge script. 

-Mike

Hi @Mike_Bowen

That makes totally sense :) Thanks again. There was a much easier way to do what I wanted from /iframe macro. It was possible to "publish" the google sheets graf itself and add that URL in the macro. Simple as that :D

Hi @Felix 

Well good for finding a solution.

There are some clever plugins that allows Google Drive files or folders to be inserted within the page. It is called Google Drive and Docs for Confluence 

Google Drive.jpg

-Mike

@Mike_Bowen  Ahh, really nice! Thanks for the tip!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Convert your old pages to the new editor

Hey Community 👋, Following the recent release of the new editor, we will be releasing the ability for users to convert existing pages from the legacy editor to the new editor. We’ve been resp...

7,892 views 47 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you